Functional Capacity Evaluation
A functional capacity evaluation (FCE) is a physical exam that determines a patient's ability to return to the workforce. The in-depth evaluation is performed on a patient after they have recovered from a work related injury, disease or other medical condition.
The exam usually involves the patient performing specific functional and work-related tasks that test their ability by evaluating the following:
Other assessments and observations may be necessary for job modifications or disability considerations.
Our therapists are trained in performing comprehensive FCE's to accurately and objectively determine each patient's maximum capabilities. Each patient may be tested for individual tasks or an entire spectrum of abilities, depending on the requirements of their employer and/or insurance provider.
- National Institutes of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- U.S. National Library of Medicine
Back to top